- Sign-up here.
- Please be sure to note the change in format for our upcoming Student-Led Conferences.
- Appointments are 1-hour long.
- The first 20 minutes will be our student-led conference time. It will follow the same format as previous SLCs. (reminder: guidelines are on the general resources page)
- After the student-led time, your child will work on math assessment questions to give us a snapshot of their progress. I will send out a form to you where you will indicate either the topic they have most recently finished or the topic they are working on (whichever would be most useful to you). I will have an appropriate, aligned task prepared for them.
- While your child works on the math task, you and I will review a piece of your child's writing. I will send you information ahead of time about the writing task I want you to have them do. It will be a simple, one-time task to do at home, within a week of our meeting. We will focus on a particular aspect of their writing, and discuss how you can look at the work with your child to identify goals and establish quality criteria.
- We will also use the math time for a general check-in time.
- We can look at the math work together, if there is time left in the hour. Otherwise, I can email info to you or we can set up a meeting (your choice).
2/6 Parent Educator Conference
Our next PEC will be next Weds., 2/6. There are a lot of great topics. I hope you will attend one or more sessions. It is a great way to get some tools for your toolbox and connect with other families. See the Connect newsletter for more info. I will be presenting a workshop entitled Living Intentionally: Having the Relationship You Want with Your Child at 2:00, while another teacher fills in for me during workshops.
2/8 No Homeschooling Required
It is a professional development day
2/21 Work Journal #3 is due to the front office by 4pm
2/15 is the last day of the work journal period. Work Journal #4 can be found here.
2/23 DV Connect Talent Show
See the Connect newsletter for more information. It is NOT your traditional talent show. It is always a blast and there are ways for everyone to participate. Please encourage your child to find something to share.
Habits of Mind online workshops for Adventurer students starting soon!
Those who indicated interest will get details this weekend. If you missed the information about this, check out the 1/11 post and let me know if you are interested asap.
2/19 Adventurer Parent Gathering at 6:30pm in our Home Base
Quite a few of you have indicated interest in knowing how everyone else is doing their homeschooling...what resources they love and what tips and tricks they have. These meet-up will be a great opportunity to swap ideas, connect with each other and get geared up for the rest of the year. I hope you will come and enjoy an evening of friendship and rejuvenation. Sign-up here.
Upcoming Field Trips to put on your calendar:
- Thursday, Jan 31st - 11:30 - 1:00 - All Collaborative Picnic and Social at Columbia Park
- Thursday, Feb 7th - 10am - 12 pm - Revisiting Madrona Marsh docent led tour
- Tuesday, Feb 12th - 9:30 - 12pm - Gems and Minerals Unearthed at Natural History Museum (homeschool day at the museum)
- Thursday, Feb 21st - 12 - 2pm - Marine Mammal Care Center in San Pedro with optional picnic lunch at the Fanfare Fountains 10:45 - 11:45.
- Thursday, Feb 28th - 11 am - 1pm - Getty Villa docent led tour
- Thursday, March 7th - 12 - 2pm - Hike George F Canyon trail