If you have not already done so, please take a few minutes to log-in and reply to survey about workshops for you and clubs for the kids, here. And remember to send in a family photo (or email it to me) for our family wall.
Workshops on Wednesday (Seeing the World Through the Eyes of Leonardo da Vinci) begin on Aug. 29th. Workshop runs 9:15-3:15 in Room 3 (not our Home Base). Remember food for snack and lunch, a reusable water bottle and the dress code. Sign up here.
Upcoming Thursday Expeditions (field trip permission slips will come soon):
- Aug. 30 10-1 El Dorado Nature Center and Hike sign up
- Sept. 6 12:30-2 LACMA: The Chiaroscuro Woodcut in Renaissance Italy sign up
- Sept. 13 10:45-1 Tour of El Pueblo de los Angeles Historical Monument sign up
- Sept. 20 10-1 Kenneth Hahn hike and fun...more info to come
Appointments for MAPs Assessments are available here. DV Connect students participate in MAPs assessments in the Fall, Winter and sometimes in the Spring. MAPs is a dynamic, computer-based assessment in Math and Language Arts that allows us to measure growth over time and get some information that can be helpful in targeting particular skills.
- Please sign up for 2 appointments (one for each subject). I recommend testing on separate days, if possible. You may arrive anytime during the first 30 minutes of the session. Most students take 30-60 minutes, with breaks, to complete their work.
- Kindergarten students will take a shorter inventory-style assessment this Fall and may finish both in one session. We always have to play this by ear.
- More information on MAPs will be sent out. Contact me with any questions.
August Office Hours appointments can be made here.
September Office Hours appointments can be made here.
Home Visit appointments can be made here.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to contact me with any questions.