Odyssey of the Mind: Performance at 2pm on Weds., 4/24. Don’t miss it!
Connect Science Museum: Weds., 4/24 – Fri., 4/26. Students may bring trifold displays of their Science projects, experiments, research, etc. to display in the Forum. Yes, they can double-dip and display a science-themed Exhibition project. They should bring their displays to school on 4/24. They can take them home the following week. Please be sure to visit the museum with your children after the Odyssey presentations are finished.
Yearbook: Did you know that for every DV Connect yearbook purchased from TreeRing, a new tree will be planted? Also, when you purchase a yearbook, you can customize it by adding 2 pages filled with photos of your choosing (to your yearbook, only). See the post on 3/22 for more info.
SLCs (Student-Led Conferences): We are following the same format as last time:
- First 20 minutes are student-led
- Then, for 30 minutes, students work on some math assessment problems. I will send you a google form on which you can indicate either the topic they have just completed or one on which they are working (you choose).
- While your child works on math tasks, you and I will look over a piece of their writing and also discuss anything you need. Please bring either
- a piece of their current writing you would like to discuss with me or
- an on-demand piece of writing (if you email me with the genre you are currently working on, I can send you a prompt)
- For the last 10 minutes, we will all look at the math, together.
WoW: We’ve been doing a lot of wrapping up and getting ready to share what we know at Exhibition. We’ve also discussed what they are interested in doing for the last 5 weeks of workshop (see the email I sent for some details).
Our last 5 weeks will focus on Recreating Renaissance Florence, Italy (with a few modern twists). This will be a mash-up of museum/living history/Odyssey of the Mind. We’ll be going a mile a minute and having a blast. There are elements that speak to many of the interests expressed by the Adventurers. It will be an all-day (9:15-3:15) project. Please let me know if your child is not participating.
- We will need A LOT of really big pieces of cardboard. If anyone can help with acquiring that, I’d appreciate it.
- Please plan on joining us at the end of the day on Weds., May 29th (time TBA) for our final presentation.