Seeing the Spider Pavilion Exhibit and dissecting owl pellets were two highlights from our field trip this past week to the Natural History Museum (check out the photos). Sign up links for our field trips through December are provided below.
Thu., Nov 7th (10:00-1:00) Hike and Explore at El Dorado Park and Nature Center
Thu., Nov 14th (10:00-12:00) immersiO @Manhattan Beach Art Center
Thu., Nov 21st (9:45-12:00) CA African American Museum and Art Project
Thu., Dec 5th - No official field trip...unofficial gathering at the Hot Chocolate Nutcracker at El Camino College
Thu., Dec 12th (10:15-12:00) Santa Monica College Drescher Planetarium - Note: sign-up and donations/payments due no later than 4pm on Weds., Nov. 20th
Thu., Dec 19th (11:30-1:00) End of Semester Celebration and Potluck at Hermosa Valley Park
SLCs #2 (Student Led Conferences Round 2: Dec. 16-20)
This is still 6 weeks away, but knowing that everyone’s calendar tends to get packed at the end of the year, I want to give you plenty of time to schedule. If you are not able to meet during the week of Dec. 16-20, please make arrangements with me to meet the prior week. Waiting until after Winter Break for a make-up is difficult for students. You can sign up for your 45-minute appointment time here.
Project Topics (form due today)
If you have not already done so, please fill out this google form today about the project topic that will be the focus of your child’s Exhibition display.
- Exhibition will be on Weds., Dec. 11th (5:00 - 6:30).
- Need help? Make an office hours appointment.
- Projects and Exhibition Fall 2019 - explanation is available on the General Resources page.
Skill of the Week
Your child is capable of managing the packing of their snack, lunch and water bottle.
- Everyone needs a water bottle whenever they are on campus.
- If your family chooses not to send a snack with your child, please discuss this decision with them, so that they understand and do not expect one. At our 10:45 body break, students eat and play.
- If your child is getting lunch at school, please preview the menu with them, to help them make decisions about what to choose.
- Please use preparing snack and lunch as an opportunity to discuss nutrition and health. Students who bring high-carb/high-sugar and low-protein/low-nutrient food to school tend to have a more difficult time regulating their mood, attending to learning and remaining alert. Good health habits are one of the best gifts you can give to your child.