Yay for Exhibition! I could not be more proud of our Adventurers. As I interacted with them (or observed their discussions with other guests), I could see group in each of their presentation skills. Some displayed a higher degree of comfort. Some a more conversational tone. Some a deeper understanding of their work. Some had better body language. Everyone improved!
We had a blast today at the Renaissance Faire! I hope to see you at future field trips (see end of blog post for details)
SLCs after Spring Break. See prior blog posts. Send me your preferred math assessment topic (by standard, if possible) via this form no later than 3:00pm the day before your SLC.
Odyssey of the Mind Presentations - Wednesday, April 24th at 2:00pm. Please plan to attend to see our culminating presentations. They are a sight to behold!
New WoW - Renaissance Florence, Italy. Here are some highlights, from my notes (so please excuse the writing);
- My group wants to create a mash-up of an Odyssey-style creation and living-history, based on Renaissance Florence, Italy. It will have some modern twists.
- Large cardboard/paper backdrop with “skyline” of city…really a combo of rooflines/buildings of interest
- “craft” bazaar
- LdV workshop
- Seamstress/tailor shop – everyone will be making an article of Ren. Clothing (eg. vest, simple dress, hat, etc.) to wear for performance.
- Print shop/bookmaking
- We will create a script to tie everything together
- Performance for families on May 29th at 2:30pm - put this in your calendar!
Presentations of Learning (POLs) will be May 28th, May 31st, and June 3rd.
May 20th at 9:30am What to Expect at POLs - a workshop for students
May 14th at 9:30am All About Presentations of Learning - a workshop for parents
Upcoming Field Trips
- Tuesday, April 23rd - 9:30 AM - 12 PM Natural History Museum Homeschool Day - Los Angeles’ Past Exhibit
- Thursday, May 2nd - 1 - 2:45PM Picnic followed by exploration of the Manhattan Beach Roundhouse Aquarium.
- Thursday, May 9th - Movie Time - Details TBD...Planning to see a movie together. Sign up and details coming soon.
- Thursday, May 16th - 1 - 2:30 PM ESMOA - EAT! Exhibit
- Tuesday, May 21st - South Coast Botanical Gardens 10 - 11:30AM. Come explore beautiful gardens with us!
- Thursday, May 30th - In lieu of a weekly field trip, we will join the DV Connect all-school Cultural Fair. Details TBA.
- Tuesday, June 4th - All-Collaborative Year-End Celebration at Hermosa Valley Park, 11:30 AM - 1PM. Sign up coming soon.