You should have all received feedback based on Wednesday's workshops. I will be sending you feedback 2 or more times per month, unless you email me and request to opt-out. I know some of you don't want more emails.
Please be sure to let me know if you are interested in having your child participate in an online Habits of Mind class with me (30 minutes, weekly...see 1/11 post) via this google form. I need your info by Monday, Jan. 21 so that I can finalize plans. When I know who and how many are interested, I will be in touch about details and logistics.
The Season for Nonviolence runs from Jan. 30th - Apr. 4th. I will use part of our workshop day on 1/30 to kick off the Season. I will also be posting resources and tips for including this in your homeschooling plans. Here is a website to get you thinking about it: 64 Ways in 64 Days
Remember to sign-up for 2 MAPs sessions here.
Next Wednesday is Pizza and Spirit Day! Everyone is invited to come as their favorite animal.
Here are some field trip reminders:
- Thursday, Jan 24th, 12:30 - 2:30 - Air and Space Exhibit at CA Science Center
- Monday, Jan 28th, 9:15-10:30 - Dan Zanes and Claudia Eliaza at Pepperdine University in Malibu
- Thursday, Jan 31st, 11:30 - 1:00 - All Collaborative Picnic and Social at Columbia Park
- Thursday, Feb 7th, 10am - 12 pm - Revisiting Madrona Marsh docent led tour
- Tuesday, Feb 12th, 9:30 - 12pm - Gems and Minerals Unearthed at Natural History Museum (homeschool day at the museum)