Note: As I often do, I've posted some blog notes since last Friday. Please be sure to scroll down to see them.
- Please use this link to submit your child's project title to me by Tuesday morning. This is what I will use to create signage.
- I've sent out the presentation schedule. If you didn't see it in your email, please let me know. Students who present at 5:00 will come in with me (through the chalkboard door) at 4:55, so that they can be settled in before the crowd of visitors arrives.
- Please read last week's post for more details and info.
Field Trips (see the sign up page for links):
- I had a blast with kids at our "staycation" field trip yesterday, participating in the Hour of Code. To participate, visit www.hourofcode.com
- Thursday, Dec. 13th (11:30-1:00) - Hermosa Valley Park Social: Cookies and Connection - Jennifer and I will bring sugar cookies and icing. You are invited to bring sprinkles and decorations. We will decorate cookies, play and connect. Don't forget basketballs, frisbees and other park toys to share with friends.
- Thursday, Dec. 20th (12:00-3:00) - Tidepools Walk at Cabrillo Marine Aquarium - We will start with a slideshow presentation and then take part in a naturalist-led visit to the tidepools. Be sure to dress for comfort and the weather.
- Jennifer and I are planning field trips for next semester. We have a few on the books but have space for many more. Please share any ideas you think would be great for our group.
Wednesday Workshops: Apologies for not being able to post info on Weds.! I led a PEC workshop from 2-3, then we visited the book fair, so we didn't have time to generate our usual list. We were busy wrapping up our Water Wheel building and testing and finished making our Leonardo puppets. We hope to be able to record our "casual performance" next week so that you can see it at Exhibition. They played math strategy games while Kelsey was with them (and taught her some of the games). Everyone is excited about Exhibition and I am rolling some prep into each day (how to greet visitors, what to expect.
- Note: I am working on finalizing our WoW topics for next semester. I will let you know what we are doing before Winter Break.
Reminder: Work Journal 2 ends on Friday, Dec. 14th and is due to the office no later than 4pm on Weds., Dec. 19th.