I want to give a special "thank you" to all of my 3rd and 4th grade families. I know that state testing can feel like a curve ball to your homeschooling and you've all been so helpful in making it run smoothly. I appreciate how you've supported your kids in feeling relaxed, coming well-rested and being comfortable with the computer test interface. What you have done really shows in the room during the test. Success!
Social Fun! Jennifer and I will be going to see a movie next Thursday, most likely either Penguins or Uglydolls, Unfortunately, theaters with earlier (and thus, cheaper) showtimes have not yet posted their schedules. We much prefer $7 seats to $12 seats! We will let you know ASAP what our plans are. We hope you will join us for fun, laughs and connection.
See previous posts for future field trip info. There are a lot of fun outings scheduled. I hope you will join us! We are beginning to schedule some of our adventures for next year. Let me know if you have suggestions.
MAPs Reminder: Appointments are available. Read previous post for more info. Sign up here.
Can you help? We need the following for our Renaissance Florence, Italy, With a Twist workshop...
- If you have access to any LARGE (think appliance-sized) pieces of cardboard, please bring them on Weds.
- Have PVC pipe and connectors we can borrow for creating the set? Please let me know.
- We will need child-sized pieces of fabric for creating renaissance fashions. If you have any we can have, please send it on Weds.
Reminder: Presentations of Learning (POLs) are coming up (May 28-31)!
- Sign up for a presentation slot here.
- Sign up for the 5/14 optional parent POL info session here.
- Sign up for the 5/20 optional student (only) presentation skills/strategies workshop here.
- We will follow the same guidelines we used last year. See them here (and on the general resources page). I will discuss these more in the 5/14 info session for parents. PLEASE follow the guidelines. It really does make a difference in your child's experience.
For the kids...