- 12:15: Picture Book Study of Lauren Castillo
- We will be starting off with Nana in the City. We will get to know Lauren Castillo, identify the feelings expressed in the book and make connections with our own feelings and experiences. We will explore how we are and would like to be brave.
- 1:45-3:00: The BFG
- We will start the book in class. I will then send home a breakdown of which chapters to read before class each week. As hard as it may be, please try not to read ahead.
End of MAPs assessment window
The MAPs assessment window for my group is closing this Thursday. If your child is participating and has not yet completed both the Reading and Math assessments, please let me know which of these dates/times to expect you:
- Monday at 10:30
- Tuesday at 2:00
- Thursday at 8:30
- Thursday at 12:00
- Thursday at 2:00
Student-Led Conferences begin this week
- Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44ada729a13-slcs
- SLC guidelines: on the Resources tab of our DP: http://dviak-3homeschoolcollaborative.weebly.com/
I Have MAPs Scores, Now What? …a parent educator workshop
Join me and Ethel as we show you how to navigate the MAPs report and use the information in your homeschooling.
- Tues., October 4th at 1:00
- Sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448a5ac2ea5fa7-ihavemaps
Discovery Education TechBooks Parent Educator Workshop (part 2)
The discussion continues about how to use TechBooks in your homeschooling.
- Tues., October 18th at 11:30
- Weds., October 19th: Homeschool Day at the La Brea Tar Pits
- Meet the Mammoths
- Thurs., December 8th at 11:15: El Segundo Museum of Art
- Experience 25: Brain
- There will be a pre-visit on Mon., December 5th at 1:00 (at DVIA)
- SignUpGenius coming in a few weeks
- Scheduling: Metro Rail Tour
- Suggesting: San Diego Museum of Natural History
- In my research, I’ve noted that they have a fossil exhibit that might be interesting.
- If you are up for a road trip, it could be a good experience.