- Wish List – I sent a SignUpGenius invitation with a list of items that would help us to create an awesome environment.
- Let’s Chat About SLCs and Exhibition (9/19)
- Mural, Mural, Mural Session 2 (9/19)
- NWEA MAPs Assessments (various dates)
- How to Use Discovery Education TechBooks (9/20)
- Number Talks Workshop for home educators (9/23)
- Mathematical Mindsets Workshop for home educators (9/26)
Field Trip Corner
Heidi B has sent out an invitation via our Google Group for you to join her family on a hike to Millard Canyon on Tuesday 9/27. If you are not already a member of the group and would like to join, please email me to be added. This is the communication forum for our families to easily connect, collaborate and share. I hope everyone will join. And, don’t miss the hike! You can find Heidi’s invite in the archived emails.
Julie M is putting together a possible field trip to the Fair for this Thursday. As soon as she has confirmation, she will send out info via our Google Group.
Hold the Date! Thursday, Dec. 8th…I have scheduled a field trip to the El Segundo Museum of Art. There will be a pre-visit workshop at DVIA, led by ESMoA staff, in the week leading up to the field trip (this is still being scheduled). More info and a signup in a few weeks.
Los Angeles Project
Our Friday project is moving toward creating La Brea Tar Pits - inspired stop motion animation shorts. If you have any resources or expertise in any areas that seem related and would like to help, please let me know. I’m uploading some photos of the past weeks to the DP tonight and tomorrow, so check it out. And if your kids want to watch Wallace and Gromit, this is why!
Looking at Student Work
Last week, I sent you a document with some possible measures of student growth and achievement to consider. I’ve added some more items (see our DP) and will continue to do so. I would love to hear from you about which measures you feel will be most useful to you in your homeschooling. Please take a few minutes to refresh your memory of the list and take this brief survey. It will help me in starting to create a plan with you for tracking your child’s growth through the year.
You will find new learning resources, photos, tweets and info that have been uploaded in the past week. New resources will appear every week. Check it out when you have time.
Dates for the Calendar (I’m noting these because they can be confusing. Let me know if you have questions.)
- Oct. 4th and 6th – you will see these noted as SLC days for the Hybrid program (not us) on the school calendar. There is no enrichment on these days and they are regular homeschool days for you.
- Oct. 7th – Staff Professional Development Day – This is a school “holiday.” There is no homeschool required, no enrichment and our LA project will NOT meet.
I’m signing off but feel that I have left something out! If you think of something that is missing, please let me know.