- On Thursday, we traveled to Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area, visiting the Japanese Garden, the Waterfall and the Castle playground. See some photos on the photo page of our DP (coming Monday).
- Friday was a joy! What an amazing group of kids we have. They get along beautifully, include each other in play and are very flexible.
- joined in some casual fun (building and drawing) to begin to get to know each other
- took a tour of campus (highlights: chickens, garden, Shelly (the tortoise), ball pit and more)
- in the Innovation Station…shared about our experiences and observations at Kenneth Hahn and other parks we have visited and drew memories of our parks experiences to be used in an ongoing mural
- our work in the Innovation Station was briefly interrupted when workmen arrived early to build the base of the ramp into our classroom
- we went back to our room/the tunnel and moved our belongings into the Forum (JB…I have your sketch book…sorry we missed it)
- after finishing our time in the Innovation Station, we went out for an extended body break, to give students time to get used to the space, try out a variety of equipment and interact/develop relationships with both Collaborative and Hybrid program students during play
- back in the Forum, we brainstormed and drew ideas for the design of our new classroom and what we would like to include
- everyone shared out their ideas
- we ended the morning with play time on the yard
- PEC 1: Weds., August 31st…don’t miss it! Heidi, Shiori and Victoria will lead a project-planning workshop for our Homeschool Collaborative families in Session 1 and you will find many other timely workshops in Session 2 and Session 3. See the DVIA newsletter for more details.
- Our Thursday field trip this week will be to the Ballona Wetlands. We will meet there at 10am and spend about 2 hours in a combination of whole group and small group/individual activities. Playa Vista Sport Park is just a few blocks down the street, if families would like to meet up for lunch and play. Sorry for the short notice! RSVP here. A field trip permission slip and Ballona waiver are required. See attachments.
- On Friday, we will follow up on Kenneth Hahn, Ballona and the previous week. We will also explore interests, curiosities and wonderings that will inform the direction of our project.
This year we will have a whole school directory posted on the Parent Educator Resource site, along with classroom specific rosters distributed via e-mail. We are using google forms to create these rosters. Please use the following link to participate: Home School Collaborative (Janette).
Don’t miss out on the Scooter’s Jungle Fundraiser on Sept. 13th, 5-8pm! It is always a ton of fun. See the newsletter for details and don’t forget to take socks.
Would you enjoy a fun math resource to incorporate into your bedtime routine (or anytime)? Bedtime Math sends out fun, daily math problems (free).