- As a group, we will develop our own inquiry questions and wonderings related to specific time periods and geographical features.
- On Thursdays, we will have field trip experiences that address our inquiry question(s).
- On Fridays, we will synthesize the information and data gathered through our research to address our inquiry questions and perhaps develop more questions. We will also decide as a group how we want to share our research with the larger community and work on creating the vehicle to do so.
- While the goal will be for the project to evolve as a series of interrelated inquiries, I am also open to it developing in a different manner, if our work takes us in another direction.
- We will present our work during the Fall Exhibition. Details TBD.
Field trip sign-ups will be sent out individually, with as much notice as possible. Field trip permission slips will be required for each event that I organize, even if students’ families are present.
On Fridays, we will meet 9:00-10:25 in the Innovation Station (also called our makerspace). After a body break (snack and play) our work will resume in our classroom space (10:45-11:50). Students may be picked up at 11:50 or they may stay until 12:20 to participate in outdoor play with students from the hybrid program. We will not have an organized lunch eating time, however, students are welcome to eat at lunch tables during playtime. More details about Friday logistics will be sent out to those participating.
I look forward to working with your children in this project. I hope everyone is able to join me. Please sign up here to indicate your intention to have your child participate. The registration deadline for this project workshop is August 21st.
If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know.