Welcome to the DVIA full-time independent study program! I am looking forward to collaborating with you this year. There will be quite a bit of information to take in as we get started together, so I will try to make it as accessible as possible. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you have. I am here to support you.
Here are some tidbits to get your feet wet…
- “DVIA full-time independent study program” is quite a mouthful and our program needed a new name. We are now the (DVIA) Homeschool Collaborative program.
- The Collaborative will be located in a new bungalow that is being placed on the DVIA campus in July. We will reach out during the summer to let you know how you can help us get settled inJ
- Our program currently serves students in grades K through 7. In 2017-2018, we will add 8th grade.
- I support families and students in grades K-3. Ethel supports families and students in grades 4-7.
- I will be offering workshops for students and family educators during the year. You can expect an email in a week or so with a schedule and more details. This is separate from the DVIA Enrichment program.
- The Collaborative will hold a few social gatherings during the summer to help establish connections and community.
- If you are new to homeschooling, don’t panic! We will help you get started and even have a “First Weeks Survival Guide” to offer guidance.