Happening this week…
- Parent Workshop on Projects and Exhibition – Monday, Nov. 6th, 10-11am
- Using Reading A-Z – Monday, Nov. 6th, 11am-noon
- NWEA MAPs Assessments (various days/times…see signupgenius)
- Handwashing Lab and Viral Art – Tuesday, Nov. 7th, 9:30-11am
- Parent Night Out for Learning and Sharing – Monday, Nov. 13th, 5:30-7:30pm
- We are not able to offer childcare for this meeting. You are welcome to bring your children. They will need to stay in the room with us. I will reach out to those bringing kids to see what we want to make available for them to do
- Simple Assessment Strategies to Use at Home – Monday, Nov. 27th, 6:15-7:45pm (not Oct.) http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44ada729a13-simple
- The last day of our Workshops will be Dec. 8th
- Participant families are invited to see our culminating “performance” fun for The Stellar Hangout. It will happen at the end of the morning period (exact time TBA). We will ask someone to record a video for those not available to attend.
- This last Rockets/Astronomy/Astronaut afternoon workshop will be an optional parent/family participation event. You are invited (but not required) to join your child and join in the fun.
- If there is interest (please let me know), we can have a potluck lunch for kids and families between the morning and afternoon workshops.
Spring Semester Workshops
- I am putting together the plan for our next set of workshops and will send out details later this week. The workshops will all have a focus on creativity and each will provide opportunities for students to express their creativity in different ways and build a variety of skills.
- One of our students is not able to attend on Fridays, so I am considering moving our workshops to Mondays. If Mondays would not work for you, please let me know by this Weds.
- I am planning field trips opportunities to the following locations for December (or January, if there is a logistics challenge. More info coming soon…
- Hubble 3D IMAX movie at the California Science Center along with another activity at the Science Center
- Visit to the Griffith Observatory