IMPORTANT! Work Journal #1 is due this Tuesday, October 11th before 4:15pm.
- You can turn it in at the front office or give it to me if you are meeting with me. Please do not hand it to me if I am with kids…I won’t be able to give you or the work journal my full attentionJ
- While we are flexible about so many things in our program, the work journal deadlines are NOT flexible. Please be sure to turn in your paperwork on-time.
- That being said, work journals are not intended to be labor-intensive or stressful. If you are feeling some panic, call me or send me an email. I can help.
- I have updated our Work Journal checklist. It is quite detailed and may contain the answers to questions you are wondering about. It is attached and available on our DP.
- I have created a 19 minute “video” going through the nuts and bolts of work journal documentation. I tried to cover as many FAQs as I could. Let me know if you have any questions.
- I MIS-SPOKE WHILE MAKING THE VIDEO! I SAID THAT THE WORK JOURNAL IS DUE ON TUESDAY, OCT. 13TH BUT I SHOULD HAVE SAID TUESDAY, OCT. 11TH. SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION. ARGH!
Work Journal #2 begins on Monday. I’ve emailed it and it is available on the Work Journals page.
Friday 10/14 is Picture Day for our class! We will have our individual photos taken, as well as a class photo. I am confirming our time and will email you ASAP. It will be during the morning and I hope to see as many kids as possible for the class photo. See the DVIA newsletter for more info.
Don’t miss the Ice Skating Fundraiser next Saturday at the Toyota Center! 1:00-3:30. See the DVIA newsletter for more info.
I’ve uploaded Handwriting Teacher’s Guides to the Language Arts Resources page. Contact me for the password.
Field Trip Next Week
- La Brea Tar Pits – Homeschool Day
- Weds. 10/19…not on a Thursday!
- I’m not able to join you but I hope you can make time in your day to go. Admission is free and they plan special events and activities for homeschoolers.
- See the emailed documents for more info. The website is www.tarpits.org.
ESMoA Field Trip
We have an opportunity to participate in a fabulous field trip at the El Segundo Museum of Art on December 8th. The ESMoA team always creates a wonderful experience for us and I highly recommend this field trip. It will be based on their experience (exhibit) called BRAIN.
This will be a student-only field trip. We are not able to include families in this one. Depending on the number of students participating, I may ask a couple of parents to act as chaperones.
Please plan on parking and walking your child to me at the museum. We will meet on the sidewalk in front of the museum by 11:10 and I will take the kids in at 11:15. Please plan on picking up your child at 12:45. We will follow up with an optional picnic and play time at Recreation Park in El Segundo.
Chelsea or Holly from the ESMoA teaching staff will also come to DVIA on Monday, December 5th at 1:00 for a pre-visit with us. They will lay the foundation for our visit and help the kids know what to expect. Please plan for your child to attend this workshop if they are going on the field trip, unless it is a conflict in your schedule.
Please RSVP at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44ada729a13-esmoa2.
Ethel and I would love to expand our student library. These are books students can enjoy at school and borrow (one at a time) to read at home. I have created a book Wish List on Amazon, if you would like to contribute to the library (you don’t need to buy through Amazon). Like a book that is not yet on the list? Feel free to donate your own favorite.
ST Math is one of my favorites of all the resources DVIA offers! If your child has not yet learned their password, please make an office hours appointment to come in. They will learn their visual password at school and then be able to use the program at home. For more info on ST Math, go to: www.stmath.com. I’ve attached documents for using the program at home (they are also available on our DP).
Can you help? Please let me know if you can help with any of the following:
- Assembling our 4th picnic table
- Organizing our professional library (the white shelves)
- Organizing the student library
- Re-organize the school storage shed to incorporate our paint supply
- Attend a Saturday work day (either 10/15 or 10/22)
- Move the curriculum storage to our room from the Collab Lab/front office
- Move PERC (Parent Educator Resource Center) furniture and resources to the Collab Lab from the front office
- Clean the tunnel
- Use a paint sprayer to paint the underside of the tunnel canopy white