- The Wonders of Chemistry with Jen
- Exploration of the concept of density. Kids poured a variety of household liquids into a clear cup, noting the layering (or lack of) that occurred.
- Tacky the Penguin
- Penguins and narrators cut out penguin feet, bow ties and white bellies for their costumes. Black shirts were found.
- Hunters all have brown/gray shirts to wear.
- If anyone has lightweight items that a hunter could carry as “gear,” please send it in next Monday. I am going to gather items from school and home that they can carry but additional pieces would be helpful.
- Anyone have brown and/or gray face paint at home that we can use next Monday to add a little umph to our hunters?
- Our icy backdrop and hill have been created. We are adding “water” on Monday.
- We did a walk-through of the play, working out our movements.
- Please help your child to rehearse their lines this week and develop a feel for where they fall in the story.
- Next week, we will set up the room, get into costume and do about two rehearsals before the performance.
- PERFORMANCE: The performance will be next Monday at 11:30. Kelly Ann’s Core 1 students will be joining us in the audience.
- ESMoA pre-visit
- Chelsea visited and got us prepped for Thursday.
- We discussed what makes ESMoA unique and museum expectations.
- We looked at 2 pieces from the collection (photo portraits of Mr. Obama and Malala). We made observations and talked about the feeling/tone of each.
- The Experience incorporates 396 black and white photo portraits of Nobel Peace Prize recipients.
- Hour of Code
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of timesJL
- Just about every technology glitch possible happened. But the kids really hung in and showed great flexibility and perseverance.
- Some kids completed a lot of coding work, some only a little.
- Here is how you can follow up at home:
Here is a quick recap of Monday’s events: