- Last week…
- Monday: We read The Troublemaker and students worked with a partner to create their own skit based on the story. We also used Automoblox, Keva blocks and large sheets of paper to create a motor city.
- Friday: We first explored the concept of resources, using the examples of apple trees, oak trees and cotton plants. Students created 2D pieces with drawing and collage showing a resource and its uses. In Crazy 8’s, we used our super spy skills and cracked some codes which led us to a treasure (a magnifying lens for each student).
- Today: We read The Little Engine that Could and talked about positive thinking. Students drew their own “little engine” and showed something it could help them do. Building on last week (and by group request), we used Automoblox, Keva blocks and Hot Wheels (track and cars) to create a car city. We had everything from a maintenance facility to a track that wound its way through the room.
MAPS testing reminder – We have started our MAPS testing and will continue until March 9th. Please sign up for 2 appointments. One for math and one for reading. You may sign up for appointments here: Janette’s MAPs.
Office Hours and Home Visits Sign-Up
SAVE THE DATE (reminders)
Da Vinci Mixer & Silent Auction - Mon., March 12, 6-9pm.
- Ticket sales are live!!! To RSVP & to buy tickets, click here.
- This will be FUN! Don’t miss it!
- Follow this link for more information and to sign up.
- This is a great opportunity. We hope many of you will participate.
- I’ve attached notes from the Science Fair discussion some of you attended last week. If you have any questions or want some help, let me know.
- At the Science Fair, kids will display tri-fold posters of their science project but will not do a verbal sharing with visitors.
- Kids will also have an opportunity to display their work on-campus. More info to come.
LACMA Evening for Educators: City and Cosmos: Arts of Teotihuacan – Tues., Apr. 10 at 5pm. These adult evenings are great events focused on building educators’ skill sets and content knowledge. The $15 ticket includes a catered dinner (served outdoors, so wear layers). http://www.lacma.org/evenings-for-educators