I’ll be sending a second email later in the week but want to put two things on your radar…
- Genius Hour Workshops reminder: This series of workshops is designed to help you and your student in planning and executing their second semester projects. After Exhibition, some of you shared that you wanted to go more deeply into projects and wanted guidance in doing so. These workshops are for you! Spring Exhibition will be a perfect time for your student to share their project work.
- See the attached letter for details and SignUpGenius link.
- First workshop: Tuesday, 1/17 @ 1-3pm
- NWEA MAPs assessments: Post-Winter Break is a great time of year to have your child take the MAPs assessment. It is a handy measure to identify current learning goals and to track academic skill growth over time. I recommend that students in grades 1-3 participate. Parents of K students can check in about whether or not it would be a good fit at this time.
- What is it? - A dynamic online assessment tool that helps us to identify spot-on learning goals for your child. We use 2 assessments: Reading and Math.
- How long does it take? – Most students are finished in 45 or so minutes per test, allowing for a break during the work time. I (and NWEA) recommend doing Reading and Math on separate days, so that kids don’t get overloaded and the results are more accurate.
- What appointments are available? – Check out http://tinyurl.com/zggko5k. We have availability beginning tomorrow.
- Questions? Please reference the email sent earlier in the year about MAPs or contact me.