- LAST MINUTE HOLD THE DATE! Wednesday, March 1st 7:00-8:30pm…a gift from me to you
- Dr. Michelle Charfen (DVIA parent) led a wonderful self-care session for our staff 2 weeks ago, based on compassionate living and compassionate communication. Knowing how valuable our experience with her was for all of us, I wanted to offer you all a gift of an evening with her. What’s that, you say…you have kids to consider? The kids will have a blast with me in the maker space while you get your self-care on in our Collaborative classroom. I hope to see many co-parents attending togetherJ
- In the next day or two, I will send you a much better description from Michelle. We will not be scheduling manicures or doing yoga (not that there is anything wrong with that), nor will she be throwing out superficial solutions to you. Rather, you will have an opportunity to get to the core of what you really need and identify strategies to meet your needs (including some that you may have never considered).
- I am not exaggerating when I say that if you could only come to one thing at DVIA all year, this one might be the one to choose.
- I know that we have a lot going on next week and you might feel reluctant to make another trip to campus. Due to a number of scheduling challenges, this was really the only option until much later in the year and I didn’t want to hold off that long.
- And did I mention the free childcare???? If your child is younger than 4, please check in with me.
- Please let me know to expect you: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44ada729a13-anevening.
- Workshops tomorrow
- 9:15 Engineering Challenge: Earthen Dwellings Challenge – come ready to get messy.
- 10:45 Kindness Workshop: We will be organizing a flash mob tomorrow at the beginning of lunchtime. We had talked about coordinating shirt colors but instead, we will most likely add a paper super K (for kindness) to our shirts since it is super heroes/pizza lunch day.
- Pizza lunch reminder: send money with your kids if they are going to buy pizza and/or drinks. Also, still send snack and water bottle.
- 12:40 Hour of Code 2.0 – We are doing a second round of Hour of Code. No sign up genius involved. Kids will explore some of the coding tutorials available for chromebooks from a menu of options.
- 1:50 Tinkercad and 3D printing: a new challenge will be posed. Several kids are reworking their keychains.
- A separate email will come out with info and sign-ups for March workshops. They are yummy!
- My two days at the Museum of Tolerance participating in training with Teaching Tolerance was amazing! And I’m glad to be back.
- Anyone going to see Daniel Siegel tomorrow evening at The Willows School? I’ll see you there!
Just a quick note with more info to come later this week…