Reminder: Pizza Day/Spirit Day: Creative Sock Day – This Friday!
Reminder: NWEA MAPs Assessments (Feb. 27-Mar. 9)
I highly recommend that all Adventurers participate in MAP assessments. There are two benefits I find particularly helpful. First, it provides helpful information about the academic skills in your child's "sweet spot" for learning. Second, as students take the assessment 2-3 times/year, you are able to see your child's growth and progress over time. Please sign up for 2 appointments. One for math and one for reading. Sign up here. If you would like a reminder of what MAPs are all about, let me know.
Join me at these events!
- Dr. Michael Gurian will be speaking at the Willows Community School in Culver City on Feb. 22nd at 7pm (tomorrow!).
- Topic: The Minds of Boys and Girls: A Brain Based Approach. Dr. Gurian is a co-founder of the Gurian Institute and New York Times bestselling author of 28 books including The Wonder of Boys and The Wonder of Girls. Dr. Gurian has pioneered efforts to bring neurobiology and brain research into homes and schools. Info and Register This is a free event.
- If there is interest, we can meet up first for dinner. Let me know if you will be going.
- DVIA Talent Showcase this Sat., Feb. 24th, 4:30-7:00pm. Come and support our talented DVIA students and have a great time! This is not an event to miss. Hope to see you there.
- Science Fair Support Group😊 – Thu., Mar. 1, 11:30-1:00. For parents and kids, together. I will support families in collaborating and planning projects for the Science Fair (on March 17th, see below).
- Da Vinci Mixer & Silent Auction - Mon., March 12, 6-9pm.
- Ticket sales are live!!! To RSVP & to buy tickets, click here.
- DVIA's Second Annual Science Fair – Sat., March 17, 1-3pm
- Follow this link for more information and to sign up.
- Field Trip to the Marine Mammal Care Center in San Pedro on March 22nd at 11am. (Notice corrected date!) Hold the date! SignUpGenius coming soon.
- LACMA Evening for Educators: City and Cosmos: Arts of Teotihuacan – Tues., Apr. 10 at 5pm. These adult evenings are great events focused on building educators’ skill sets and content knowledge. The $15 ticket includes a catered dinner (served outdoors, so wear layers). http://www.lacma.org/evenings-for-educators