- Work Journal 2 is due by this Tuesday, Dec. 13th at 4:15. You can drop your WJ and samples off to me or drop it off in the front office. Work Journal 3 is attached, in case you missed it last week.
- Student-Led Conferences are scheduled for this week. The SignUp link is here. The SLC guidelines are attached.
- Reminder: Comment-based Report Cards are distributed in December/January and June. You, your child and I all contribute to the comments. This is an opportunity to acknowledge, celebrate and record your child’s learning and growth. Please email comments to me as a Word document or share as a Google doc by Weds., Dec. 14th (this will give me enough time to complete the reports before my submission deadline). There is enough space on the progress report for you and your child to write about 4000 characters, in total (which is approximately 800 words). I’ve attached a guideline document for you.
- Kubo and the Two Strings: Jennifer Racusin has organized this fun film experience for our Collaborative group. Weds., 12/14 @1:00, in the Collaborative classroom. See the email she sent out to our Google group for more details. Sign up here.
- Wacky Winter Spirit and Pizza Day: Students are welcome to come in this Friday (11:30-12:20) for pizza lunch and outdoor play. Please let me know if your child will attend. Pizza is $3 for one slice, $5 for two slices. Drinks are $1.
- Thanks to all of the families who came in at pick-up time on Friday to see the stop-motion animation movies the kids made! They were all highly engaged in this whole process and I’m sure they would enjoy continuing this film-making exploration at home and sharing their work at the next Film Festival. The iPad app we used is Stop Motion Studio. This workshop is now complete and we will not meet this Friday. Students who were absent can pick up their puppets the next time you are here.
- Spring Semester Workshops will begin in January. Please sign up for January workshops by Jan. 2nd. Reminder: These workshops will be held on Thursdays. If you are interested in leading one or more of the parent educator-led workshops, please let me know.
- Ethel and I are planning some Parent Educator workshops for next semester, including one on Project Planning/Genius Hour. I’ll send out info as soon as we get everything nailed down.
We are wrapping up our first semester. I’ve truly enjoyed this time with you and look forward to more good times and great learning after Winter Break.