- Best news of the week – Ethel is pregnant. She and her husband, Dave, are expecting twins!
- Work Journal 2 ends this Friday. You can drop your WJ and samples off to me anytime between Friday and next Tuesday, 12/13 at 4:15. You can also drop it off in the front office, beginning Monday. I’ll send you Work Journal 3 as soon as I receive it from the office.
- Student-Led Conferences are scheduled for next week. Reminder: these are our mandatory work journal meetings. Sign up here. The SLC guidelines are attached.
- Comment-based Report Cards are distributed in December/January and June. You, your child and I all contribute to the comments. This is an opportunity to acknowledge, celebrate and record your child’s learning and growth. Please email comments to me as a Word document or share as a Google doc by Weds., Dec. 14th (this will give me enough time to complete the reports before my submission deadline). There is enough space on the progress report for you and your child to write about 4000 characters, in total (which is approximately 800 words). I’ve attached a guideline document for you.
- Group Social and Learning Experience through films! Jennifer Racusin has organized two film experiences for our Collaborative group. I will provide an immediate, brief follow-up learning experience, as well as things to do at home for those interested.
- Field Trip to ESMoA this Thursday! Here is what you need to know…
- Time: 11:15-12:45
- Address: 208 Main St., El Segundo
- Please arrive by 11:10 and walk your child to me. I will be in front of the museum from 11:00-11:15. Curbside drop-off is not available for safety reasons (no exceptions). You will pick up at the same place.
- I will be talking with students from 11:10-11:15 to remind them about what to look forward to and museum expectations.
- Bring/Don’t Bring
- Permission Slip: I have attached one and will have hard copies available at the museum. If you are filling it out there, please arrive with plenty of time to do so.
- There are no water fountains in the museum. Students may bring labelled water bottles to have available in the art lab. It is easiest if this is the only thing your child brings.
- NO food or drink is allowed in the gallery. Please make sure your child eats ahead of time. Do not send snacks, as we will not eat at ESMoA.
- Writing tools will be provided. Please do not send any.
- Students are not to take photos during the field trip but may be able to at the end.
- I will have name tags and sketchbooks for everyone.
- Link to the sign up here
- Post-Field Trip lunch and play at Rec Park in El Segundo
- If families are interested, I would suggest a lunch and play time at Recreation Park in El Segundo (just a few minutes drive from ESMoA). Maybe you could organize via our google group.
- I am not able to join you for this one but it is a great park.
- Remember to bring jackets for the park.
December, already? Oh, my…