Tomorrow is our first day of workshops! Yay! If you have not yet signed your child up (and want to), please go to:
- Students can arrive from 9:00-9:15. I would recommend walking in with them on this first day. Parking is easiest next door at Dana Middle School or on the street (if our lot is full). I can help you with saying goodbye and transitioning if this is new for your family. Shoot me a heads-up if you anticipate wanting support.
- Anyone arriving for just the second workshop can arrive between 12:05-12:50. Come in through the glass door.
- If you are picking your child up after the first workshop, they will meet you in the front office at 12:00, unless you let me know a different time to expect you during lunch.
- Students should adhere to the DVIA dress code (see the handbook for details).
- Students who attend both workshops will eat lunch and play 12:05-12:50.
- A water bottle is important! We have Sparkletts dispensers for students to use for refills.
- Please send plenty of nutritious food (kids tend to eat more on workshop days) for snacks and lunch.
- Please save candy, cookies, sugary drinks and treats for the car ride home. J
- We do not share food or bring food to give to friends. Many children at school have food allergies and we appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe.
- If your child has a food allergy, please alert me. I have a list but I like to be doubly sure.
- We keep our food on an outdoor shelf, to help avoid ant infestations. It is hot out, so pack food with an eye toward safety.
- Microwaves are not available.
- Please make sure your child is able to open and navigate all of the items you send. It is frustrating to depend on others to manage your food.
- Argh! Those vacuum packed fruit cups in plastic containers…you know the ones.J I have not seen a child successfully open one without spilling in the last several years. Using your play time to clean up your food spills is not fun, especially when failure is almost always guaranteed.
- Bringing an extra set of clothes in a small backpack or bag each week is recommended. We get messy and dirty and sometimes want fresh clothes. Label, label, label!
- Kids do not need to bring any supplies. I have everything we need.
- I will walk kids out to the front for pick-up at 2:45.
I can’t wait to see you all tomorrow and have a great time with the kids.
Questions? Let me know.