I want you to know how much I value and admire the amazing work you each do with your kids! By making the decision to homeschool, you are providing an incredible opportunity for your kids to experience meaningful, deep, engaging learning. I celebrate you and am SO grateful to be a part of this community of educators.
ESMoA Field Trip this Weds., May 10th, 11:15-12:45
- It is not too late to sign up your child. Feel free to add in. We always have a great experience at ESMoA!
- Please meet me outside the museum between 11:05 and 11:15.
- 208 Main St., El Segundo
- Students may bring water bottles (there is no water fountain in the museum). They will be stored in the Art Lab space.
- Casual DVIA dress code apparel is appropriate.
- I will bring sketch books to the museum for students to use (and keep). The museum will provide pencils.
- Students will spend 45 minutes in the Experience and 45 minutes in the Art Lab.
- You can pick up your kids at 12:45.
Annual DVIA Poetry Jam
- Weds., May 24th at 1:00pm
- The Collaborative classroom will be turned into a Poetry Café.
- Café food and drinks will be available before the poetry reading begins and during intermission. Food and drinks can be enjoyed during the readings.
- All DVIA students are invited to recite/perform their own original poetry and/or poetry they enjoy.
- This is a family event. If you need to drop your child off, please connect with another family. Let me know if you need help.
- This will be a ton of fun and a valuable experience for your child. Please plan to participate!
- More details and ways you can help to create the experience will be found in next Sunday’s DVIA newsletter.
End of Year Collaborative Celebration
- Amy Pham and Jennifer Racusin have planned a fun, casual end-of-year celebration for all Collaborative families.
- Thursday, June 1st: 11am-2pm
POLs (Presentations of Learning) – Week of May 22nd
- Presentation Skills Workshop for Students
- POL signup – please sign up, if you haven’t
Report Card Comments
- Just a reminder that Report Card Comment time is sneaking up on us!
- Students, parent educators and I all contribute to student report cards.
- Please email comments to me as word documents, embed them in the body of your email or send them via GoogleDocs by Weds., May 31st. Unfortunately, my computer gets indigestion from Mac documents.
- A document with information and guidelines is attached.